Friday, November 16, 2007

AWAKE!

It's NINE in the morning and I'm still wide awake. Yes, I did not sleep last nite...I know, you think I'm crazyyyyyyyyyyyy! But I really wish I could cuddle up in bed right now...and fall deep into sleep.

No, it wasn't a psychological experiment Ale put me into...it wasn't because I was having nightmares...it wasn't because I slept the whole afternoon and am finding difficulty to sleep now...
So, what's keeping me up? anxiousness? excitement? worries? doubts? thinking too much?? As a matter of fact, it has no relations to any emotional distress. It's simply the many cups of tea I drank last night. Or at least that's what I think.

So since I'm so awake, I sourced for some information...

Apparently, most claim that tea helps them sleep better. Perhaps my body is not metabolizing properly. Haha...But, the most researched/talked-about type of tea that promote such effects is green tea! In one particular study, it is said that the amino acid L-theanine, found in green tea, enhances the quality of sleep. *yawns...boring?* Perhaps I should make myself a cup of green tea now.

Hmm...green tea is known for its many health benefits and all but if you're having trouble sleeping and not a fan of green tea, fear not! For the GREEN TEA PILLOW will come to your rescue. Yea, you heard me right...pillow! Apparently the faint aroma of green tea itself can help you sleep better. Perhaps I should just take the packet of green tea leaves and snug it under my pillow now. That way I don't have to wait for the water to boil and cool a lil before I brew the tea and drink and wait for the effect. lol =p

Alrightey, I think that's enough for now.

*runs downstairs to grab the packet of green tea leaves*

No comments: